- We have two halls for hire daily between 9.00am and 10.00pm.
- The Lower Hall on the ground floor has capacity for up to 50 people.
- The Upper Hall on the first floor can accommodate up to 80.
- The Mezzanine area between the Lower and Upper Halls can seat 10-12 people and is available for use by bookings in the Lower and Upper Halls. This means you may not have exclusive use.
Furniture & Equipment
- The Lower Hall has 10 adult folding tables and 37 stacking adult chairs, stored in the hall.
- There are 5 childrens tables and 30 childrens chairs, stored in lower stair well (next to the office). These must be replaced after use.
- There are 9 adult folding tables and 60 folding adult chairs.
There are 7 childrens folding tables and 40 stacking childrens chairs.
Please replace all tables and chairs after use to their original position.
The Mezzanine contains a small fitted kitchen with a fridge, microwave, kettle, tea urn and a cooker.
Both halls have a number of electric sockets for audio/visual equipment.
The Upper Hall also has a roll-down projector screen of 5′ by 5′.
Please note that the pool table in the Lower Hall is not included in the hire.
Toilets, including one suitable for wheelchairs, are located on the ground floor.
There is currently a stair lift in place but unfortunately this has been condemned. We are working towards a replacement.
Parking is free in Fitzroy Road at weekends and after 6.00pm on weekday evenings. For weekdays, from 8.30am to 6.00pm parking permits may currently be purchased in advance from the Centre Office (depending on stock). They cost £1.50 per hour.
Pay and display machines operate in Chalcot Road and Regent’s Park Road. There is no parking at any time in Hopkinsons Place, including the PHCA reserved space.
Unless it is in use for other purposes the Centre will be opened 10 minutes before and closed 5 minutes after each period of hire.
Liabilities & Responsibilities
- The Association is responsible for ensuring that the required accommodation is clean and tidy and available for the period of hire.
- The building, its contents and legitimate occupants are covered by the appropriate insurance, but the Association cannot accept liability for any loss or damage incurred or caused by the hirer.
- Health and safety requirements are prominently displayed and hirers must familiarise themselves with these.
- Fire alarms, fire extinguishers and first aid equipment are available and in good order. Cleaning equipment is obtainable from the Mezzanine kitchen.
- The hirer’s responsibilities are set out in the Conditions of Hire.
The Centre is a popular venue so early booking is recommended. To check availability please contact the Primrose Hill Community Centre.
Restrictions on Use
Please refer to the Conditions of Hire.
There is strictly no smoking anywhere in the Centre.
You are very welcome to visit the Centre to see its accommodation and facilities at any time during office hours. Should you have any queries, or if you have used the Centre and wish to comment on it, please ring the Centre Organiser as soon as possible.
Last Updated on 12th October 2020 by Jason