We have two halls for hire daily between 9am and 10.00pm daily.
Weekend bookings are a minimum of two hours.
Both halls have a number of electric sockets for audio/visual equipment.
Both halls also has a roll-down projector screen of 5′ by 5′.
We do not hire out audio visual equipment. If required, you must bring your own.
Please note that the pool table in Lower Hall is not included in hire.
The Lower Hall on the ground floor has capacity for up to 50 people (maximum).
Furniture and Equipment:
Lower Hall (12.42m x 6.8m) The Lower Hall has 10 (3ft x 2ft) adult folding tables and 40 stacking adult chairs, stored in the hall. There are 30 children’s chairs, stored in the lower hall.
There are children’s tables. Three 4ft x 2ft folding tables and four 4ft x 2ft small black trestle tables stored in the stairwell next to the office.
The Upper Hall on the first floor can accommodate up to 80 (maximum).
Furniture and Equipment
Upper Hall (15.75m x 6.9m) The Upper Hall has 8 adult (4ft x 2ft) folding tables and 80 folding adult chairs. There are 6 children’s folding tables (one is 6ft x 2ft, four are 3ft x 2ft and one is 2ft x 2ft) and 40 stacking children’s chairs.
The Mezzanine area (between the Lower and Upper Halls) can seat 10-12 people
This space is available for use by bookings in both the Lower and Upper Halls (which means you may not have exclusive use). The Mezzanine contains a small fitted kitchen with fridge, microwave, kettle, tea urn and oven, along with crockery, glassware and cutlery.
Please replace all tables and chairs to their original position after use.
Toilets, including one suitable for wheel-chairs, are located on the ground floor. There is currently a stair lift in place but you will need to arrange with the manager to be shown the operation of this prior to your visit.
Parking is free in Fitzroy Road (all of the CA-B parking zone) at weekends and after 6pm on weekday evenings. For weekdays, from 8.30am to 6pm parking permits may currently be purchased in advance from the Centre Office (depending on stock). They cost £3.50 per hour. Pay and display machines operate in Chalcot Road and Regents Park Road. There is no access or parking at any time in Hopkinsons Place, including the PHCA reserved space.
Unless it is in use for other purposes the Centre will be opened 10 minutes before and closed 10 minutes after each period of hire.
Liabilities and Responsibilities
The Association is responsible for ensuring that the required accommodation is clean and tidy and available for the period of hire. The building, its contents and legitimate occupants are covered by the appropriate insurance, but it cannot accept liability for any loss or damage incurred or caused by the hirer. Health and safety requirements are prominently displayed and hirers must familiarise themselves with these. Fire alarms, fire extinguishers and first aid equipment are available and in good order. Cleaning equipment is obtainable from the mezzanine kitchen.
The hirer’s responsibilities are set out in the Conditions of Hire.
The Centre is a very popular venue, so early booking is recommended. We book up around four months in advance. To check availability please ring the Centre Office on 0207 586 8327.
Restrictions on use
Please see under Section C – Conditions of Hire. Please phone the Centre Office if you have any other queries about use.
There is strictly no smoking anywhere in the Centre.
You are very welcome to visit the Centre to see its accommodation and facilities at any time during office hours. Should you have any queries, or if you have used the Centre and wish to comment on it, please ring the Centre Manager as soon as possible.
Standard Rate for single lettings:
|Day of Hire||Upper Hall||Lower Hall|
|Monday to Friday inclusive||£30 per hour||£25 per hour|
|Saturday & Sunday||£50 per hour||£40 per hour|
|Hire of small tables and chairs||Flat Rate £10|
In addition, a deposit of £50 must be paid: this will be returned in full after use of the accommodation provided there has been no breach of the Conditions of Hire (see Section C). Please allow 10 working days for return of deposit.
Bank Transfer to: Primrose Hill Community Association
Reference: Your surname/date of booking/client name – for ease of identification
Sort Code: 08-92-99
Account No: 67225381
Cheques payable to ‘PHCA Ltd’
A reduction of 10% will be made for weekend periods of hire for 5 hours or longer.
Other requests for reduction by charitable, voluntary or non-profit making groups will be considered by the Centre Manager subject to merit and usefulness to the local community.
The Association reserves the right to review these charges at least once each year. Any increase will come into effect immediately for new bookings and from the following 1st April or 1st September, whichever comes first, for existing ones. The decision of the Management Committee on all charges shall be final.
If a hirer cancels a booking between 2 weeks and 1 week prior to the event then 50% of the full fee is returned (the £50 deposit is automatically returned).
If a hirer cancels a booking less than a week prior to the event then 25% of the full fee is returned (the £50 deposit is automatically returned).
PHCA may, in exceptional circumstances, agree to waive these cancellation charges at its discretion.
C) CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- No booking is valid without a completed contract (the booking form duly signed) and full payment of the fee and deposit. The separate returnable deposit of £50 is required to confirm the booking, and full payment will be required at least 2 weeks before the date of hire.
- The deposit of £50 (which is required in addition to the Hiring fee), will be returned in full after the event unless deductions have to be made for any breach of these conditions. Any deductions required will be explained by the Centre Manager.
- The Centre will provide a written confirmation of your booking on receipt of deposit and provide details of the keyholder opening and closing your hall.
Access and departure
- The starting and finishing times of the period of hire must be strictly adhered to: the keyholder has no authority to vary these. Halls will usually be opened 10 minutes before hiring start time and closed 10 minutes afterwards.
- The time needed for preparation and setting-up and for cleaning and putting-away must be included in the period of hire.
- The Centre, including its forecourt and access, must be vacated quietly and promptly at the end of the period of hire.
- The accommodation hired must be left clean and tidy and ready for the next occupant.
- All furniture and equipment must be returned to its original place; tables cleaned and folded, and chairs stacked.
- Rubbish must be removed from the Centre after use. It must be placed in black bin bags and disposed of in the large green wheelie bin in the centre of the courtyard.
Using the Centre
- In the interests of local residents, no PA systems or amplifiers can normally be used in hire, and we cannot host discos. Money is likely to be deducted from deposit if we receive complaints of noise nuisance. Please make children’s’ entertainers aware of this.
- Our insurance does not allow the use of bouncy castles in the Centre.
- In the interests of fire safety, helium or other gas cylinders and stand-alone candles cannot be brought into the Halls.
- The outside area is not included in the hire, and is available for access only.
- All Safety requirements, as displayed in the Centre, must be met.
- When there are small children present the Upper Hall windows must open on hooks.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Unless being used by an authorised adult the stair-lift should not be touched.
- All property is left in the building at your own risk.
- Balloons – VERY IMPORTANT. Helium balloons left in the Centre rise to the ceilings which are very high in places. If left there they eventually drift down and trigger the intruder alarm. The call-out fee is £100 if this happens and this charge will be passed on to you.
Consideration of people and property
- No vehicles can be parked in Hopkinsons Place at any time.
- There must be no cause for complaint from nearby residents, other users of the Centre or its staff: they must be treated with respect at all times.
- Any loss or damage incurred by the Centre as a result of the hire must be fully recompensed.
- The building must not be left unoccupied and unlocked during the period of hire or at its end – please contact the keyholder if he/she has not arrived by the end of your hire.
We hope you have an enjoyable time at the Centre.
If you have enjoyed your time here, please tell your friends – if not, please tell us.
Please phone the Centre Office during weekdays 10am – 4pm and speak to the Centre Manager if there were any problems with your time here.
Last Updated on 10th May 2023 by Dominique