About the Primrose Hill Community Association
PHCA has existed for 43 years, promoting the wellbeing of Primrose Hill people through activities for all ages at the community centre in Hopkinson’s Place. The Primrose Hill Community Library was saved from closure in 2012 and continues to be run by the community association The association runs the Neighbourhood Nosh project, feeding people in need in our community, organises a summer fair in Chalcot Square, runs events and online events and publishes a magazine,’ On The Hill’.
The Association receives no running costs grant and raises money through donations, renting its premises and events, with great local support.
To work with others in organising fundraising events that will both make money and enhance the wellbeing of the community through giving opportunities to meet, have fun, be creative and support others.
- Thinking up and planning events
- Working with PR and Press, social media and web volunteers to publicise
- Organising set up and clear up
- Working out a budget
- Allocating tasks to other volunteers on the day
- Having regard to Health and Safety and insurance issues
- Making sure the right people are thanked afterwards
Depending on timing, usually more hours a week in the run-up to events
- Organisational skills
- Ability to get on with a wide range of people
What you would gain:
- Valuable experience of event management
- The fun of working in a team
- Satisfaction of raising money for the community
This volunteer role reports to Chief Executive: Mick Hudspeth
Ring 0207 586 8327 to discuss further.
Last Updated on 21st November 2021 by Jason