Purpose: to join a small team of volunteers to plan and organise an annual calendar of activities at the Primrose Hill Community Centre and local outdoor venues. Events tend to be talks, dinners, discos, quizzes etc. and have both a community benefit and fundraising purpose.
- Attending our monthly Events Team meeting to share ideas and plan upcoming events.
- Taking responsibility to organise and run events with other Team members.
- Being available to help set up and clear up events on the day, and manage other volunteers in this task.
- Developing ideas for events with local partners, in line with our Collaborative Working Policy.
- Developing relationships with local businesses to invite donations and other forms of mutual benefit.
Times: Our Team meeting is held monthly on the third Thursday 6-7pm. Our events generally take place on Tuesday and Friday or Saturday evenings, as well as some weekend daytimes.
- Interest and enthusiasm for running community events
- Availability to participate in planning and hosting events
- An understanding of effective fundraising methods
- Willing to organise and manage other volunteers
- Willing to make connections with local partners and businesses
- Willing to use our online planning platform (Trello)
What you would gain:
- Being an active member of the local community
- Experience of planning and running community events
- The pleasure of building community through events
Reporting to the Chair of the Events Team
Last Updated on 31st January 2022 by Jason